Saturday, December 6, 2008

Dissapointment?



I just finished a bottle of Lost Abbey's Gift of the Magi. It is not often I get to enjoy Lost Abbey's offerings. This was a bottle my brother brought back from San Francisco.

It was flat. Possibly a bad bottle. The cork made no popping sound when opening. It poured with almost no head, only the slightest bit of lacing. The aroma and flavor were alright, but I just could not get over the lackluster appearance. I didn't not enjoy the beer, it was pretty good, but I am not sure I could fully appreciate it because of it's beginnings.

I want to try another bottle. Where will I get another bottle? Most likely, unless they start distributing here, I will never have this beer again.

Oh, Texas!

3 comments:

hiikeeba said...

We need to do something about it. Who is your state representative? Maybe if enough of us beer geeks get together, we could change some laws.

Aww, who are we kidding? Texas wholesalers are smarter than we are and keep these beers out of the state for a good reason.

Javier said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!


why didn't you tell me . . . that is such a bummer . . .

do you know what the carbon footprint of that stupid bottle was!?

well, i'll just have to hunt some more down . . . start thinking of christmas time stuff . . . i'll probably ship some things . . .

Renee Ryan said...

I think either way I ended up with it. I want to rate it higher because I could swear it tastes better.