Monday, August 4, 2008

Florida Beers

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was recently in Orlando, FL for my grandfather's funeral. While this was an obviously sad occasion, it was also an opportunity to grab some beers I can not get in Austin. My plan was to fit in a visit to Orlando Brewing or at least pick up some of their beers. Alas, time was tight and I could not swing it. But I was able to stop by Knightly Spirits, a terrific store five minutes from my parents house.



This is what I bought and brought home to Austin. A couple Hopfen Weisse, a Grand Cru, and a sixer of Brooklyn Lager (a beer close to my heart, after living in Brooklyn for four years). I also had a sixer of Two Hearted Ale, but this was finished in Orlando.






I'll be back in Orlando soon and then again for Christmas. I plan on bringing much more back before 2009.

No comments: