Wednesday, March 17, 2010

slainte ole

UPDATE:
Freetail has got some green beer for us:
Danny Mijo is on tap, we've got NATURAL green beer in Spirulina Wit (don't drink artificially colored crap beer!
NXNW too!
...authentic Irish cuisine, live music by Jeremy Steding & the Irish Curse & green beer!



I am gonna be the first beer blogger to embrace drinking green beer. Hey, it's only one day of the year. Let's all get down from our high beer horses and mix in with the rest of the crowd of philistines, tourists, troglodytes and jocks. If you can't commit all the way, just pinch a few drops of green food coloring into yr IPA and get loose.

5 comments:

tim said...

if only you could make beer green with lots of hops...

Machuca said...

Green food coloring + Great Divide Hercules = green hop bomb. I think anyway, I have not actually done this.

Steve said...

Most bars serving green beer are adding green food colouring to Bud Light or smiliar. Since I don't typically walk around with a bottle of green food colouring in my pocket to make my own, I'll just stick to non-green beer.

Chris Troutman said...

Food coloring?
Can you supplement this post with a green beer recipe?
Is this turning into a food blog?

Machuca said...

You would look strange doing this at a bar too. Save it for an "at home" experiment.