Tuesday, June 29, 2010

GA(ustin)BF Recap



Saturday was hot, hella hot. Thank god for an indoor festival. I'll never understand Austinites' obsession with outdoor festivals. They don't care, it could be 110 and they want to hop from booth to booth in the sun. Nuts. Give me the AC from June to September please. The line wrapped around the building, this was the worst part.



Inside it was packed. Which brings us to most people's complaints about the fest. Venue too small/too many people/long lines. I guess I agree. But the lines moved fast and I was able to get plenty of beer in the four hours. Beertown Austin's table was constantly packed and they did not even have beer. They did raffle some cool stuff though. Craft Austin gave nothing away. Sue me.



Check out Jester King's new mascot. Love it.



New signage and everything from these guys. I told them to get out of there and start brewing already. We are thirsty.



They also complained about the beer, the selection and the fact that most of it was served from bottles. Ok, sure I wanted more beer selections then you could get at your local HEB....sure I wanted draught beer. But we knew it was only bottles. We knew what breweries were going to be there, but they were vague about what beers the breweries would bring. The two best beer of the night came from (512) Brewing - 2009 (512) One and Double Pecan Porter. I also enjoyed a bunch of the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot. These beers and a few others made the evening.


No comments: