Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Euro Beer #19: La Perroquet

In the fall of 2007 my wife and I traveled through Europe for 10 weeks. We ate a lot of food and drank of a lot of beer (and wine). Not enough food, not enough beer. Muckin' around in Brussels:



Stumbled upon this place for lunch. Looked nice, half full—good sign for a relaxed lunch. I had a Leffe Bruin, zesty and medium bodied. That's what I wrote in my little notebook. All beer reviews should be that terse. Sofia, tired of beer (silly girl), had a diet coke.



Sofia had a pressed pita of mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, ham, greens. She would have liked a side of fries, chips or salad, but it was good anyway. I had a spicy chicken pita with cheese and greens. The pitas were good, but a bit overpriced, after all we were used to the giant suvlakis from Mr. Falafel in Park Slope. But the building in which the restaurant is housed is an Art Nouveau masterpiece. That was worth the pita price.

For more euro foodage and drinkage, go here.

Le Perroquet
Rue Watteeu 31

Brussels




Some church.

No comments: