Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cellaring

You like beer. I like beer. It's pretty apparent. Why else would you be here? Eventually a love for beer turns to one of two things or both. The first being homebrewing. The second, cellaring.

I've thought about staring to hombrew many times. I've read the books, websites and forums. I've been to Austin Hombrew Supply a number of times, only to walk out empty handed. I've even started collecting bottles. Everything up to the point of buying a system and getting it going. But I always talk myself out of it. Apartment's too small. Not enough time. I suck. Whatever. Maybe one day down the road.

I have started cellaring though. I don't have much right now, but I plan on slowly building it up. Cellaring beer in TX is a bit tricky. I am not sure how it will work out. I have them sitting quietly in a dark closet. I hope that will do. In time I may change to a fridge apparatus. This is my short (very) list:

Saint Arnold Divine Reserve 6
2007 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
2007 Fuller's Vintage Ale
2007 Wychwood Bah Humbug

Remember, my apartment is wee.

2 comments:

Javier said...

one of three things . . . you forgot alcoholism . . . i'm drinking the full sail IPA from OR right now. pretty good stuff. what do you know about these cats. bough it at trader joes cheap and their label is funny.

Bill Night said...

If you're interested in cellaring, you have to check out The Brew Basement . That guy has put together an incredible amount of info about cellaring.