Friday, February 20, 2009

Twitter Tasting: Stouts



Another Twitter Taste LIVE event. This time around they are doing Stouts, featuring Rogue and Samuel Smith:

Join The Beer Babe (US) and Simon from Reluctant Scooper (UK) as we taste some great stouts from both the US & UK!

We will be tasting these Stouts:

Rogue
Rogue Shakespeare Stout - "Ebony in color with a rich creamy head, earthy flavor and a mellow, chocolate finish."
Rogue Chocolate Stout - "Ebony in color with a rich creamy head. The mellow flavor of oats, chocolate malts and real chocolate are balanced perfectly with the right amount of hops for a bitter-sweet finish."

Samuel Smith
Samuel Smith Imperial Stout- "Rich, flavorful, deep chocolate color, scented and roasted barley nose. Complexity of malt, hops, alcohol and yeast."
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout-"Almost opaque, with an unusually silky texture and complex, medium-dry velvet palate. Bittersweet finish."

Even though I had my complaints last time, I am planning on participating in this tasting. That is, if I am back at the casa in time. I have a previous engagement that may run long. I have never had the two Rogue stouts and I love the two S. Smith stouts, so it would be worth my "precious" time.

No comments: