Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pils(e)ners






Trumer Pilsner now available in Austin. I just had some at the Flying Saucer. Is this new to TX? According to this - no, it has been here since 2007. But I have never seen it, or heard of it in Austin until now. Paul, have you had this up in yr area for awhile now? I did about a minute of googleing and thought it would be so much easier to just pose the question to you.

This was the first time I've had it. It's good. A helluva lot better than Live Oak's. Oh man, people around here rave about their pilsner, but I just can not stand it. Don't get me wrong I love Live Oak, just not their Pils, or their IPA. Everything else, spot on! My favorite domestic pilsner available here is definitely Victory's Prima Pils. I think Trumer just put me on a lager kick...

3 comments:

Steve said...

Trumer and Prima are both German style Pilsners, whereas Live Oak's Pilz is a Czech style. Sounds like you prefer the German style. Although, I typically prefer the heavily saaz hopped Czech style, I'm not a big fan of LO's Pilz either.

assurbanipaul said...

Yeah, Trummer has been in DFW for a year or more. Made a big splash when it arrived, surprised Austin is just now getting it.

Ditto on what Steve said (although I adore LO Pilz).

Machuca said...

Ok. I may prefer german pilsners, but I love czech style pilsners as well: Budvar, Pilsner Urquell, Rebel, etc. Live Oak's just does not do it for me. I've tried it numerous times.