Thursday, May 7, 2009

3rd Annual Great Austin Belgian Beer Festival



Saturday May 16 • 2-7pm
Zax Pints and Plates
312 Barton Springs Rd.,
Austin, TX

Tickets now available$22adv/$25 at the door(advance tickets available only at Zax) Entitles you to a tasting glass and your first six 4-oz. samples of over 30 of the most amazing, remarkable and historical beers in the world. Additional samples will be available for purchase for $3 each.

Premier level ticketing is available for $40 per person, and includes access to a VIP tasting of exclusive Belgian Ales at 1:00pm, and unlimited tasting at the festival.

Food is not included, but our normal menu will be available.

Partial List of Beers (Subject to availability):
Tripel Karmeliet
Kwak
Deus
Duchesse de Bourgogne (Flemish Red Sour)
Urthel Hop It
St. Feuillien
Dubuisson Scaldis
St. Bernardus Abt 12
Chimay White
Chimay Blue
D'Achouffe Houblon Chouffe
Duvel
Liefmans' Kriek
Orval
Westmalle Dubble
Westmalle Triple
I could be wrong, but aren't all of these beers available in Austin? So why the hell would I spend $22/25 to sample them. Correct me if I am wrong. I like Zax. There food is tasty. They always have a fairly decent tap selection. But this is lame. I remember last year's list of beers being better. I was hoping for more. Something special, even rare.

No comments: