Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Bad and the Good

First the bad:



As I "reported" (ha) earlier. It looks like Local 2 is not coming to Texas. Well not yet at least. Stay tuned, I guess.

And now the good:



From Josh at Draught House,
This week we will tap a cask of Stone Ruination at around 3pm, Friday. It was dry hopped with Chinook and Simcoe in the cask.
To be honest, I have not been entirely happy with the Firkin Friday offerings at Draught House. They have all seemed to be "off" in some way. Last week's Oaked Arrogant Bastard was almost decent, but it had a strange rubber flavor that I could not figure out. Luckily I got used to it half way thought the glass and was able to ignore it.


Luckily Firkin Friday has given me a good argument for stopping in every Friday evening after dinner. "But Sofia, this is a special cask. It's the ONLY one in Austin. Probably the only one in ALL of Texas." Sometimes this works, sometimes not so much. Now as we approach 40 weeks of pregnancy, I just don't see it working all that well. Oh well, Ruination is overrated anyway.

No comments: