Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Independence Brewing 5th Anniversary Tasting


Independent's Fifth Anniversary Ale. Photo snaked from Beer Town Austin.

5th Anniversary Beer - Awesome aroma! Figilicious. Made with star anise and mandarin orange peels. I guess the combination gave it that fig character.

Convict Hill Oatmeal Stout - Big, bold and roasty. Stronger than their original oatmeal stout.

Stash IPA - My favorite Indy beer at the moment. Some people have mentioned this beer has been inconsistent. I've always enjoyed it. Actually, I'd say it is one of my top TX IPAs.

We had the following in a vertical style tasting:
Jasperilla Old Ale 2008 - You've had it. Rich and raisiny.
Jasperilla Old Ale 2008 aged on light oak - I liked this best of the bunch. Buttery finish, smooth, oak not overwhelming.
Jasperilla Old Ale 2008 aged on toasted oak - Good. Too much of a good thing for me.

Thanks to Rob, Amy, Justin and Co. for having us out. Congratulations on five years!

No comments: