Tuesday, October 13, 2009

World Wide Webbage

Months ago I started filling out the Examiner application to become the "Austin Craft Beer Examiner." But like most things in my life, I blew it off for other frivolities. Or I should say I put it off, planning to eventually fill it out. No need. Debbie Cerda (aka @snax) has filled the examiner gap. I would have been a half-ass examiner anyway. And Debbie seems to be taking off quite well.

Also in the beer-interweb-Austin world. Daniel Smith has started a new Food and Beer blog.

3 comments:

Dave said...

While I'm still technically an Examiner, I haven't written an article for them since May. I kept up the pace of about 3 posts a week there for almost a year then felt I couldn't keep up with it. I already had my own beer blog and the Examiner blog was essentially competing with myself so one had to go. Examiner does pay you for the traffic you generate and at least it paid for the beer I was evaluating. Worth a go if you like to write a lot.

assurbanipaul said...

If you're already in the habit of reviewing beers or updating a blog, it's not that much more work.

Welcome, Debbie!

paul
Dallas Craft Beer Examiner

snax said...

Thanks for the support guys! I was actually motivated by two beer Examiners. The first shall remain nameless, as he obviously had very little knowledge about homebrewing, draught systems, etc.

The second? The well-written Dallas one from Paul! Bit intimidated, but great example.

Interestingly enough, I've found the guidance of Examiner has helped me to improve my writing and hot linking for my slackerwood.com, and my boyfriend is more tolerant of tine spent on beer writing.