Monday, August 31, 2009

Ok, I'm Back

And should be getting back in the swing of things. Tomorrow I start "daddy leave." That means more blogging or much less. Time will tell.

Mexico was fun. Beerwise, it was what you would expect. I mostly drank Negra Modelo. You can only drink so many margaritas. I had hoped to find my way to a legit supermarket or wine shoppe. But that never happened. I did find one beer I had not heard of:


Photo: http://vallartablog.com

Casta Oscura. This is now an entity of Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V, but used to be part of a craftish brewery which has since closed. It was not very good.


Also, the Corona that was being poured at the pool bar was darker than anything I have ever seen in their bottles and it had a truer German Pilsener flavor (hop presence). It was good. Or maybe I was just sunburned and drunk.

2 comments:

assurbanipaul said...

I strongly beg to differ. The Casta beers we got here in Texas years ago were excellent, and as good or better than most American micros.

Sad to see this brewery fade away. It was a high-water mark for Mexican beer.

Chris Troutman said...

You didn't find any of this- http://www.duffdemexico.com/ ?