Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mostly Good

Sunday some local BeerAdvocates got together for our monthly tasting. The Flying Saucer was kind enough to host us this month. Some notable appearances:



3 year old Duvel. The crispness of a fresh bottle was long gone. What was left was fruity and musty. Muted. Interesting.



Midnight Sun Descent Imperial Abbey Ale. WTF, imperial abbey ale? Hogwash. Marketing. Still, pretty tasty. For almost 9 percent, it “drank good.”



Schlafly Reserve Barrel Aged Imperial Stout. This one reminded me a lot of the Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, but better. Others did not agree. But come on, who are you going to believe? Me, right? Bourbn-y, obviously.



Cantillon Saint Lamvinus. Cantillon never misses with me. I’m a Cantillon whore.



Allagash Victor. This is on my list cause I brought it. That’s it. It was good though.



Bell’s Third Coast Old Ale. Wow, this was my favorite. Not sure which vintage it was. It did have some age on it for sure. Delicious. Smooth, butterscotch-y, dark fruits. I want more.

No comments: