Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Texas Best Burger - Part 1



Stopped in Black Sheep Lodge last Friday. No more free beer, but it’s still worth a visit. I am slowly making my way through Texas Monthly’s list of 50 best burgers in Texas. Very slowly, since this is the first one I have had from the list.

We split two burgers. That’s a pound of burger, plenty for three people. The regular one (Black Sheep Burger) and the buffalo (Black Buffalo Burger) one (the actual burger that made the list). Every joint in Austin seems to have a buffalo/blue cheese burger, which is fine with me. I love ‘em. Both were indeed good, the Buffalo was my favorite.

The fries were tasty too. I prefer regular fries, but the sweet potato fries were enjoyable.

Now, onto the beer. The most important factor. That’s why you are here, right? They had a decent selection. Far better than most burger joints. I had a Brooklyn Lager. If every burger place had only Brooklyn Lager on tap, I’d be happy. But a nice selection is always appreciated.

My wife and sister also liked the Buffalo burger the best. And Santiago pretty much slept the whole time and was only groped by four drunk women. He is good bar baby.

1 down, 49 to go.

http://www.blacksheeplodge.com/

No comments: