Monday, December 14, 2009

Texas Best Burger - Part 3

Remember when I said I am going to eat my way through all of Texas Monthly’s 50 BEST HAMBURGERS IN TEXAS? Well I am still working on it. It's been awhile, but I am back at it.


It is my pleasure to introduce you to Burger Tex II's Bulgogi Burger. She's sure aint pretty, but she's damn tasty. Ok, damn tasty is a bit much, she's tasty. And spicy. I had them make it a 2 out of 3, spicewise. From Texas Monthly:
The tender beef has been audaciously marinated in soy sauce, garlic, and sesame oil, but what really makes it unique is that it’s thinly sliced rather than ground...The bulgogi sauce is a hot, coral-colored blend featuring roasted garlic and onions.
Sofia couldn't handle the spice and got a normal burger. Boring. The Bulgogi burger is good, but it is not what I am looking for in a burger. Sofia's boring burger was actually much better. And she made it better with the addition of avocado. That girl is a genius! Even though the Bulgogi did not deliver for me, the korean spiciness was nice. I can't believe this was so high on the list (#14). The search continues....



As far as I know, Burger Tex does not serve beer. Luckily I had Chris' spicy Holiday homebrew to sip on. It didn't really go well with the burger (I think the spices were clashing), but it made a nice dessert.

1 comment:

Chris Troutman said...

Ha. I couldn't imagine drinking that beer with meat.
Hope it didn't ruin it.