Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dogfish Head/Alamo Drafthouse Off-Centered Film Fest Day 1



Last Friday was the Dogfish portfolio tasting at the Lake Creek Alamo Drafthouse. I had all these grand plans of getting these photos up by Monday, but you know how it goes. Hueva sets in...Those videos of Sam rapping and announcing Bitches Brew really saved my ass.



Anyway, back to the tasting.



Stage setup. That is not Sam. But that is Patrick Beach sitting in front of me. He's got his shit together. Hey Patrick, I thought I got some wild comments, WTF.

It was also nice to meet and chat with Ronnie Crocker.

Yeah, yeah, these guys too...



These were the first three "courses" (see course/beer list here). They were all good. The Medjool date stuffed with gorgonzola, marcona almond and wrapped in bacon was a no brainer.



This is how they served the beers. Three beers=three foods to pair 'em up with.



Proscuitto=can't lose. Next.



Sliders. So yummy I ate one before remembering to take a photo. At this point I started getting annoyed with the photo taking. That or I was getting a bit buzzed. Not sure.



Look at that duck sausage, it's that brown smear looking thing. It was siccccckkkkkk, loved it. But come on, they barely gave me anything to chew on. And the truffled parmesan cheese fries were no joke either.

That was the last photo. I had fun. I did not see anyone who did not. And I think that is the best thing you can say about any event.

No comments: