Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Independence / Parkside Dinner



This happened last week.



I paired the wheat with water. Just kidding. They had Hor D'Oeuvres for us to enjoy. The chicken lollipop was the clear winner.



The charcuterie plate. This is just my plate. The presentation platters were much nicer looking. This was my favorite course. Loved everything, especially the pate grande mere and the rabbit terrine. Had this with the amber. They should served the Stash IPA for this course.



This butterery bass was the bomb. Wow, I should be a food writer. This course was paired with the pale ale.



See those beans, they were great. I wish I had a whole bowl of them. The pork on top wasn't that bad either. Brown ale with this, best pair of the night.



Dessert time. Donuts and ice cream. Convict Hill stout with it. Nice.

FYI, I had been eating vegan for a month or two leading up to this dinner. After the dinner I was back on the wagon. But Parkside is too tasty, I had to indulge in their meaty goodness (oh, I wrote it!). The beer was good, the food was gooder. Thanks to Independence and Parkside.

1 comment:

Cat said...

So glad that you enjoyed the beer dinner! We'll definitely keep you updated with more to come...and, maybe you should start writing a foodie/beer column on this blog too :)