Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dogfish/Alamo Feast - Off-centered Film Fest



Friday was the Feast portion of the Off-Centered Film Fest.



Seared Diver Scallop paired with Namaste. Best plate of the night, texture and flavor were spot on. This was my first taste of Namaste. I liked it, spicy and drinkable.



Smoked trout mousse. This was good. My dinning partner was not a huge fan, but he doesn't like smoked fish, sooooo. Paired with Aprihop, which seems to be less apricoty this year, still good though.



Koubes - bulgar wheat shell stuffed with roasted eggplant. This was the vegetarian dish of the night, so I can't hate. They tried. Try this next year with a squirt of Sriracha. It would go great with Midas Touch.



Smoked quail, ramps, wild mushroom empanada paired with Pangea. I think this was my lest favorite dish. The filling was good, but the empanada crust was chewy. Ooo that Pangea is sweet, a sample is nice though.



Seared bison and chimayo chile posole. This is a stomach killer for a pseudo-veg like myself, but I ate the whole thing. The posole was really good, but I prefer my posole in a bowl and a lot more of it. Cut the meat, give us a cup of posole. Paired with Raison D’Etre.



Cherry and Duck confit, barley risotto. Oh yeah, really loved this. It was paired with Immort Ale, but wish I had a normal 60-Minute IPA. That would have been perfect.



Bittersweet chocolate ganache in a ginger caramel crisp with candied grapefruit. The grapefruit was cool, but man do I hate ginger desserts. I like very basic desserts. Sorbet - perfect. Paired with this:



Vintage Fort, my favorite beer of the night. Love this beer. Forget a dessert, just serve this. Pair it with yr full belly.







Chris and Josh.



At the end of the night they showed some outtakes from Brew Masters. That lasted a good two minutes, almost as long as the show was on the air.

Thanks to Dogfish Head and Alamo Drafthouse for having us out. Good time as always.

No comments: