Thursday, April 14, 2011

Euro Beer #9 - The Harp

In the fall of 2007 my wife and I traveled through Europe for 10 weeks. We ate a lot of food and drank of a lot of beer (and wine). Not enough food, not enough beer. These were our last beers in London:



Euro Beer #9 - The Harp

Killing time before meeting up with a friend for dinner, we stumbled upon the Harp. And what a discovery! I knew upon walking into the pub, it was the real deal. This was to be our last beer in London and it was a fine way to end our days there. The spot was jumping with after-work drinkers. We grabbed our pints and sneaked towards the back. It felt good to be in a legit pub. Look how happy I was, almost a grin. The beer:




First up, Sofia had a Spitfire Ale and I had a Bateman's XXB. Both great, the XXB was amazing.



My Black Sheep Best Bitter. It was very good. I enjoyed it whilst taking in the lovely paintings adorning the Harp's walls.

For more euro foodage and drinkage, go here.

The Harp
47 Chandos Place
London



Look, this was our dinner after the Harp. Ping Pong!

No comments: