Thursday, July 16, 2009

B is for Burger



Texas Monthly is rating the top 50 Texas burgers in their August issue. Personally my favorite burger is Bonnie's in Park Slope, Brooklyn, NYC. Though Austin does have some damn good burgers.

The thing is you got to have the perfect package: Good burger, good fries, good beer. That is what Austin seems to lack. No one place can pull it together. Am I wrong?

Bonnie's always had three good taps. An ample load of canned/bottled beer. Fries, perfect. Burger, spiced just right. Chipotle mayo on the table. Forget about it. No Texas joint can beat it. I wish they could. Enlighten me.

1 comment:

Chris Troutman said...

You tried Phil's Ice House on Burnet attached to the Amy's?

They always have Live Oak, great sweet potato fries and onion rings and the best kolache style buns in Austin.

I'm also a sucker for the $6 cheeseburger and fries at Crown & Anchor.