Monday, July 27, 2009



Whilst walking around Hyde Park Market, raising my eyebrows at the prices, I noticed they had six pack's of Rahr's Winter Warmer ($9.99). I've yet to buy anything from Rahr. I have heard from others that this is a pretty good beer.

I usually leave Hyde Park Market empty handed. Mainly because of the prices. The owners are always nice and ask "What were you looking for?" Maybe I should just tell them that their prices are out of hand. For example, Friday I bought an Anderson Valley Brother David's Triple and it was $8.99 for a 22oz bomber. A bit high, but not too crazy. Then on Saturday I saw it at Spec's for $5.99. But I hate Spec's.

3 comments:

assurbanipaul said...

"I've yet to buy anything from Rahr."

Why? You'll buy [insert anything] new that appears on the shelves, but won't buy a beer from a Texas brewery?

Machuca said...

I know. I know.

Chris Troutman said...

Rahr, in my experience, is pretty rough. It tastes like a beer that came out of DFW.