Wednesday, November 3, 2010

BTA/CA Pub Crawl and Some Beer Olympics Too



Austin Beer Week was great. Can't wait till next year. If you don't count Saturday, this was one of the kickoff events for ABW. Our meet up point was Flying Saucer.



Bikes.



We had a great turnout. I'd say there were 50-55 in attendance. We did not really all ride together, some would leave a bar early to get to the next spot and some would hang back. Next time I want a massive movement of bikers. My brother said we should have been more nazi-like in keeping the group together. But that's not really my style.

Also, when we got to Flying Saucer there were two other bike pub crawls meeting there at the same time. WTF. I think a few of our riders ended up with those groups.



Next - Draught House.





Beer Olympics were in full effect.



Matt got in on the action. I don't think he did very well.



I did worse. I bet Chris that I could throw a keg further. Worst bet ever.



Santiago is going to sweep all the events next year.



Then Billy's on Burnet.









Thunderbird.



I ordered a Lone Star here. Don't hate. It was only a dollar and it's basically water. Perfect for a bike pub crawl.



Our last stop, the recently opened Black Star Co-op.



No house beer yet, but plenty of good local and not-local stuff to hold you over.



Fries were great. The veggie burger needs a retooling. It fell apart as I was eating it.



Just waiting for some action.

Thanks to everyone that came out. I hope you all had fun. I did.

No comments: