Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hyde Park Beer Hunt

I live in Hyde Park, in Austin. As you know I've been looking for those damn Allagash beers lately (see below). I've heard reports of them here and there around TX. This weekend I plan on making a trip to Grapevine. If anyone has it, I guess they would. Today I checked Hyde Park Market and Central Market.

First Hyde Park Market:


I've wanted this for awhile now. HPM had it for 15.99 bucks. Ridiculous! A whole three dollars more than most places. HPM has a good selection, but the prices are just too much to handle.



They also had this. IPA from Michigan Brewing Co. I heard nothing of this, where did they come from? Later I learned they are the same brewery who brews the Celis series. I checked around and they seem pretty well rated. Some day, not today.

Now, Central Market:



Brooklyn Local 1 - $6.99!! Obviously, a must buy.



And then I saw this. Redhook Limited Tripel. In the past, Redhook has not exactly wowed me. But I decided to give this one a shot. And surprise, surprise it's good. Well done Redhook, you got me.

No bloody Allagash though.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

have you tried the red hook db coffee stout? I was really surprised at how good it was, coming from red hook. Oh and thanks for the austin beer coverage. as a Seattleite moving to austin this summer (to hyde park in fact!) I've been using your blog to get caught up on the austin beer scene.

corbey said...

Grapevine Market has had the Michigan IPA for at least a couple of months. I gave it a chance mainly because Bell's comes from Michigan too, and it turned out to be decent.

And another thanks for your beer coverage. I'm a former Austinite living in Dallas now, and blogs like yours help me know what's available in Texas.

Machuca said...

Thanks guys. I like to know that people are actually reading (or looking at) this stuff.